UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa: Applications are welcomed from qualified Africans for the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for the 2021/22 academic session. The UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs programme is one of the pillars of the Excellence in Africa Initiative designed to fund science and engineering graduates intending to complete a PhD at an African institution.
The programme awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs in total for a period of at most 54 months. The candidates will be jointly supervised by a professor in an African home institution and by an EPFL professor. Qualified Africans are encouraged to apply for the PhD scholarship opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), UM6P, EXAF
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below
Number of Awards: 100
Study Level: PhD
UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa:
- Applicants must be a national of an African country
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2018 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master study
- Must have an outstanding academic track record
- Applicants must be enrolled in an African academic institution when the fellowship will start, and to reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD
- Applicants must have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration.
- Awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs
- Provision of living allowance
- Covers tuition fees as applicable
- Consumables and direct costs for the use of infrastructure at the home institution or at EPFL
- Open science costs: costs for data storage and for granting access to data (open research data) and open access publication costs
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa must submit their application with all required documents via the on-line submission platform before the submission deadline.
Application Deadline: 20 April 2021 (17:00 CET)
The post UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 appeared first on Study Green.