The Geneva Challenge 2021 is now open for interested graduate students to participate. Eager to stimulate reflection and innovation on development from diverse disciplinary and contextual perspectives and with the generous support of Ambassador Staehelin, the Graduate Institute has launched in 2014 the Advancing Development Goals Contest, an international competition for Master students.
The 2021 edition of the Geneva Challenge invites Master students from all academic programmes and from all around the world to present innovative and pragmatic solutions to address the challenges of crisis management. The Geneva Challenge brings together graduate students from diverse disciplinary and contextual perspectives to provide innovate and pragmatic solutions to some of the world’s complex challenges.
The Geneva Challenge 2021 | PRIZES
Five prizes will be distributed, one per continent:
- Universities located in Africa
- Universities located in Asia
- Universities located in Europe
- Universities located in North America and Oceania
- Universities located in South America
The five finalist teams are invited to come to Geneva (travelling and accommodation expenses covered) for their project showcases and the award ceremony end of September 2021.
The winning project will receive a cash prize of CHF 10’000; the two teams in second place will receive CHF 5’000 each and the two teams in third place, CHF 2’500 each.
- Participants must be enrolled as Master students at the time of their registration for the contest.
- Participants must gather in teams of 3 to 5 Master students. In the submitted analysis, they should contribute with an interdisciplinary approach or from at least 2 different disciplinary perspectives.
Registration and Submission
Follow the steps below to register;
- Fill in the application form and send proofs of enrolment as Master students for all team members.
- The documents (enrolment certificates or student cards) should contain the name, the graduate programme and recent issuance date.
- The proposals must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Projects will have a maximum length of 8000 words excluding all notes, graphics and references and must be written in English or French.
- Registration deadline: 22 March 2021
- Submission deadline: 12 July 2021
The post The Geneva Challenge 2021: The Advancing Development Goals Contest for Graduate Students (Funded) appeared first on Study Green.